Monday, October 24, 2016

Updates and Disappointment

For reasons I'm not going to disclose, I've had to leave my current barn. I'm back at my trainer's personal farm, with a hefty vet bill.

I was meant to spend that sum at a horse show this weekend, but mare decided to colic, so we stayed home. She did fine- just a mild impaction and gas colic. Then Candy put his legs through a cattle trough in the sand lot where he was resting after a collateral ligament injury.

So I'm hurting financially- being out a weekend's stay at a hotel, and a vet bill that is astronomical. I'm also hurting emotionally- this past weekend really burned out my love of the horse world. Candy is on stall rest for two weeks, with bandage changes every other day. Lexie is recovering from colic and some mishaps in her care.

Overall, I'm not sure if it's worth it, particularly as I look into low paying internships next year. It may be time for a break from riding, but I don't want that. I also want to be realistic.

I don't know where I stand with: taking Lexie with me, moving Candy with me, or even continuing to ride in general.

- K & C & L


  1. :( I am so sorry that things ended up the way they are right now, they won't always be that way thankfully! Big hugs to you and all your ponies.

  2. Ugh this all sounds awful. I sure hope some better luck comes your way soon!

  3. Ugh horses will do that to you sometimes. Sorry to hear you're having a rough go of it. Good luck here in the future.

  4. I'm so sorry things are tough right now :-( I'm glad both ponies are going to be okay though! Sending prayers your way <3