Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Guess Who's Back... Back Again...

Lexie's back. Tell a friend.

Homegirl is SOUND. The vet peeked at her and Candy- declared both problem children sound. Candy is still getting foot rads done to be safe, because with his body type/breed/age, I worry about a Cushing's related laminitic episode (I am a vet student after all).

I finally hopped on Lexie Friday for our first ride back. She was breathing fire. When she gets like this, I like to run through Novice and Training (eventing Novice and Training) dressage tests until she supples, and then we call it quits.

Saturday... I guess I was so excited she was back, I temporarily lost my mind and popped her over some medium cross-rails (2'6" in the middle). She was wonderful- responsive, and really using her hind. I'm still wrapping my head around the fact that in order to slow her down, I have to bend her, and ADD leg to get her pushing up into the bridle.
Lexie finally got her new half pad and she loves it!

ROOTD.
We're lessoning twice this week so hopefully more posts to come.

- K & C & L

2 comments :