Friday, June 9, 2017

Veterinary Intern Essentials

I'm about to start my veterinary internship (Wednesday!), and I've already stocked up on my essentials to get me through the year. What do I love? Here's a list... Featuring the world's best attempt at an image board collage. #amateurhour

 1. Comfy scrubs are a must. I love Grey's Anatomy and Figs scrubs to keep me clean and mostly fur free.



2. Comfy shoes. I spend 12-16 hours a day on my feet during clinics and will keep those hours during my internship. I love my Dansko clogs and New Balance 574s for my high arches and for preventing foot fatigue.

3. Little black book. I use Moleskine pocket notebooks exclusively. I have an address book for medication dosages, and a plain notebook for taking notes on rounds, patient histories, and treatment plans. They're a splurge, but hold so much information and last forever!

4. A favorite pen- yeah, yeah, yeah. These are kind of a goober essential, but I use black, BIC Atlantis pens. I buy them in bulk at Sam's Club. I like my ink to match and not smear, and have found these to be ultra-reliable over the years.

5. 1 Liter Nalgene water bottle. Whether it contains caffeinated Crystal Light or plain water, my Nalgene is always with me. I jokingly call myself a psychogenic water drinker because I am always sipping to keep myself alert and hydrated.

6. Patagonia. Between the Better Sweater and my obnoxious patterned Synchilla vest, I am always warm and toasty even in the chilliest of clinics.

Beyond that, I have more standard essentials: my Littman Cardiology III stethoscope, a Vick's thermometer (super fast- handy for the wiggly ones!), a trusty watch, a lint roller, and a pocketful of healthy snacks.

- K & C

No comments :

Post a Comment