Thursday, July 6, 2017

Not Quite a Student, Not Yet a Doctor

I'm 2 days away from wrapping up week 3 (of 52) as a veterinary intern. So far, I've been learning a lot, but struggling to find my place.

I used to be an unlicensed vet tech, and I tech'ed for 5 years. It's been hard to undo my habits of cleaning, tidying, restraining animals, and doing everything in between. I'm struggling to find my way as a doctor, which is exactly what this program is for. Hours have been long, but not as long as they could be, and I'm grateful for that. I spend the day working with patients and clients, sometimes on my own, sometimes not- depending on the service.

Overall, I can't say too much about the experience yet. I am sure the knowledge I'll gain will be indispensable.

- K & C


1 comment :

  1. It's always hard to find your place in the beginning but I know you'll be great and get the hang of it soon!

    ReplyDelete